Saturday, November 15, 2014

My Obsession With Secretary Desks




I have a thing for secretary desks. Well, more like an obsession, actually. I love them in all shapes, sizes, finishes and styles.

Sometimes they come as a desk and curio cabinet combination with lovely leaded glass panels....

Or as a classic Queen Anne style in sharp black....



Or as a fresh twist in French Linen with a fabric backing.....




Or this one. That went from this....






To this.



Refinished in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite with clear wax.




Classic, clean lines....



And original handles....



And just to prove that I really am crazy about secretary desks, here's what I just picked up.





Is there a cure for my obsession or should I just embrace it?



 photo signature_zps552cb1e1.png

I'm Sharing at:

5 comments:

  1. I love secretary desks too...your newest find is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martina! Can't wait to start working on it! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Beth: I love them too! When I go antique shopping I am always drawn to them, checking out the draws, details, and wondering if they could talk, what stories would they tell. Your newest is a beaut, can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing, too! I'm excited to start working on this latest piece! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I totally love these things too. My parents have always had a perfect one and I keep telling my mom she needs to drop it off at my house, wink wink. :) Thanks so much for linking up to the Found & Foraged party! I hope you'll come again this weekend! xo, Laura

    ReplyDelete