Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Vanity That Was Almost Stolen!






This vintage vanity has an interesting story as to how it almost didn't come home with me. I sent my Dad to an estate sale that was in his neighborhood to see if there was anything interesting. Luckily enough, my Dad was quick to spot a vintage vanity, purchased it for me and told the estate sale company I'd be by to pick it up later with my SUV.






Interestingly enough, when I went a few hours later to pick it up, the estate sale lady (whom I know) told me someone pretended it was theirs and tried to take it out of the house! Can you believe the nerve?







Fortunately, for me (and probably the vanity as well) it came home with me. It was fun to refinish this set using my popular color combination of gray and white with silver hardware.







The best part of this vanity is the surprise in the drawers and center compartment! My favorite aqua color as an accent!







I smile every time I open the drawers!







The chair got a faux fur treatment on the seat!






Wouldn't this make the perfect gift for someone special? I'm tickled that this piece was selected by Chairish as part of my holiday collection. Not local to Southern California? No problem - we'll ship to you!





Have a wonderful week!


 photo signature_zps552cb1e1.png

I'm Sharing At:




5 comments:

  1. Hello!!! long time reader but don't comment much.......
    but...I do have to say, "Your work is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! You have a very fine talent in refinishing!!!! It is the BEST out there!!!" I always want to have all of your pieces!!! Stunning beyond belief .....I really don't have to words for it!!!
    Have a Merry Christmas and keep up the GREAT work!!!!
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Addie, my heart is exploding from your kind words! Thank you for following my work - it's very appreciated! I love what I do and maybe this love for reinvigorating furniture shows through my work! Have a wonderful day :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! First on the back story -- some people's dishonesty is shocking to me. Second wow (and more important one) is your beautiful vanity. What a pretty piece! Take care, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute vanity! Love that chair! I hope you'll share it with us at Friday's Furniture Fix! Doors close tonight at 11:59 EST... http://www.thirtyeighthstreet.com/2015/12/fridays-furniture-fix-link-party-no-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I had to stop by from The Curators Collection Making broken Beautyfull to check out your vanity desk. And it is stunning! i love the color scheme you chose for it!
    Its actually funny reading that this ALLMOST was ripped from you, because if you go and check out my latest blog post, I write about how a few pieces that I called to get put off for me, was actually TAKEN by someone else! Aaaarg! I hate when that happens... Anyway! Thank you for sharing:)
    Tone

    ReplyDelete